With his 1,000th game coming Monday against the Dallas Stars, Avalanche 101 takes a look at the top five Milan Hejduk moments. Hejduk will become the first player to play 1,000 games in a Colorado Avalanche sweater.
5. First career goal in first career game. On Oct. 10, 1998, Hejduk scored against Damian Rhodes of the Ottawa Senators. The Avalanche lost the game 4-3.
3. Maurice Richard Trophy winner. Despite Vancouver's Markus Naslund leading in goal scoring for most of the season, Hejduk scored seven goals in the last five games to overtake Naslund. Hejduk ended the season with an even 50 goals.
2. Third captain in Avalanche history. After Adam Foote retired in 2011, Hejduk was named captain for Colorado.He relinquished the captaincy in Sept. 2012, giving it to Gabriel Landeskog.
1. Swimming goal celebration. On March 26, 2000, Hejduk scored an overtime goal on Ed Belfour of the Dallas Stars. He skated to center ice, flapped his arms like a duck, dove on the ice and started swimming. It is one of the most famous celebrations in NHL history.
Hopefully, Hejduk has a few good moments left in him for everybody to see.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Colorado Avalanche Greats by the Numbers: 20 Through 29
- Colorado Avalanche Greats by the Numbers: 10 through 19
- Colorado Avalanche Greats by the Numbers: 40 Through 49
- Colorado Avalanche Greats by Number: 60 and Over
- Joe Sakic and His Overtime Magic
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/plu