To say Patrick Marleau is hot would be a huge understatement. Same with the entire San Jose team.
Marleau scored twice again, helping the Sharks defeat Colorado 4-0 Saturday. He became the first player since Cy Denneny in 1917 to start the season with four straight multi-goal games.
Both of his goals came in the first period, on the power play after Colorado's Ryan O'Byrne took a four minute instigating penalty. Marleau also added an assist later in the game, to give him 11 points for the season.
The San Jose power play struck again in the second, with the goal coming from Joe Thornton. Defenseman Matt Irwin netted his first NHL goal. Thomas Greiss stopped 24 shots for the shutout.
The Avalanche were outshot 43-24, including 15-9 during the second period. Semyon Varlamov was pulled after two periods, with Jean-Sebastien Giguere playing the third.
Colorado continue their four game road trip Monday in Edmonton against the young Oilers.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Colorado Avalanche Catch Fire in Third Period, Beat Los Angeles Kings
- Colorado Avalanche Done in by Penalties, Lose to Minnesota Wild
- Colorado Avalanche Greats by Number: 60 and Over
- Colorado Avalanche Greats by the Numbers: 40 Through 49
- Colorado Avalanche Greats by the Numbers: 50 Through 59
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p9z