Despite getting off to a slow start this season, Kieran Millan got hot last week for Denver and earned the Oakley CHL goalie of the week honor.
In two games against the Arizona Sundogs, he surrendered only one goal on 49 shots for a save percentage of .980 and a goals against average of 0.48. On Nov. 14, he stopped all 22 shots in a 6-0 win. The shutout was not only his first professional one, it was also the first in Cutthroats history. Two days later, he turned aside all three Sundogs shooters in the shootout in a 2-1 victory.
The Edmonton, Alberta native was a fifth-round draft pick by Colorado in 2009. He spent the previous four seasons backstopping Boston University, compiling a record of 81-42-12 with eight shutouts for the Terriers.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Cutthroats Holding Their Own in Crowded Hockey Market
- Chipchura, Sundogs Take Down Schwab, Cutthroats
- Schwab, Cutthroats Join Annual Movember Campaign
- Prospect Smith Tearing up the WHL
- Varlamov Shines in Shutout Victory Over Slovan
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/n2j